Maven Investor Update - May 8, 2019
UPDATE: a recording of the May 10 call is available here.
The management presentations referenced on the call are available in our Form 8-K filing here.
Welcome Doug Smith - Maven CFO
We’re thrilled to welcome Doug Smith to the Maven team. Doug is a seasoned financial veteran with experience leading public and private equity backed companies in the digital marketing, education and media fields in both traditional and on-line environments. An expert in corporate transitions, he has helped manage companies through rapid growth, turnarounds, IPOs and capital restructurings, major acquisitions and integrations, divestitures and outright sales of the organizations. In the process he has raised over $5 Billion in capital in almost every capital market and completed over 60 acquisitions and divestitures.
Doug has prior experience working with CEO James Heckman as CFO of Scout Media. In addition, he has served as CFO of Ashworth College and EducationDynamics, both online education companies, Datran Media, an email marketer, GLM Shows, a traditional trade show operator, marketing consultant Peppers & Rogers Group and Primedia, a major publishing company. Prior to his corporate experience, Doug was with the Bank of New York where he specialized in Media lending. He has an MBA from Columbia Business School and a BA in Economics from Connecticut College.
Update on Maven SEC Filings
As disclosed in our 8K filings, we finished two major acquisitions of HubPages and Say Media late last year. Both companies were private, requiring the audit of each company’s historical financials as we have been integrating all three businesses and their accounting and reporting processes. This has led to delays in the delivery of our SEC filings.
Our finance and executive teams and auditors have been working hard to get back on schedule. We expect to make our remaining 2018 filings including annual Form 10-K filing soon.
Company Update Call with Maven Leadership
Join us on Friday May 10 at 8am PT / 11 am ET [see update above]
CONGRATS to these recently-signed mavens:
- SteelerMaven - Pittsburgh Steelers news & community
- Wayne Dupree - popular conservative blogger & radio host
- Free Thought Project - a hub for conversations about the promotion of liberty and government accountability
- MavericksMaven - a community for fans of the NBA Dallas Mavericks
- ClemsonMaven - all things Clemson Tigers
- BuffaloesMaven - a community for Colorado Buffaloes fans
- HornetMaven - coverage & discussion of the NBA Charlotte Hornets
- CaneMaven - stories & community for Miami Hurricane fans
- Key News Network - factual, breaking news from major metro areas
- Global Warming is Real - news & discussion on a critical world issue
- KnicksMaven - all things New York Knicks
- Plant Based News - an award winning resource for the latest plant-based-interest content. It is stuffed with vegan news, blogs, reviews, and more.
- PantherMaven - Carolina Panthers news & community
- MagicMaven - for fans of the NBA Orlando Magic
- Code Blue Ocean - ocean conservancy
- PatriotsMaven - news & community for New England Patriots fans
- The Nica Life - life in Nicaragua
Thank you for your interest in Maven.