Who we are
Maven is a media coalition of professional content destinations (“mavens”), operating exclusively on a shared digital publishing, advertising and distribution platform, providing a major media scale alternative to news and information distributed on social platforms. Brands such as History Channel, Maxim, Yoga Journal, Ski Magazine, and over 300 mavens with millions of existing viewers have accepted our invitation, to join in this growing coalition that reaches over 100M consumers monthly.
Snapshot of Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company - MVEN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 11 Paid Holidays
TO APPLY please send resume to email@example.com
Partner Development Manager
Maven, a publicly traded (MVEN) global online publishing and technology company reaching over 100M consumers monthly, is seeking additional team members for our Partner Development team.
As Partner Development Manager you’ll help define our vertical strategy and grow our coalition. You’ll contribute by identifying potential partners and help build key relationships driving relentlessly towards our vision to save quality content. The role will be fast-paced and demanding, but provides the flexibility to work from home (or anywhere). The candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on attention to detail, teamwork, ownership, initiative and integrity. The candidate must be extremely people-focused, deadline-oriented, have high energy, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to react to changing priorities.
The Partner Development Manager at Maven will:
- Participate in planning and executing on vertical strategy
- Be lead presenter and negotiator for deals
- Sign new partners
- Share market feedback internally to help us develop and enhance our offering
- Contribute to our thought leadership position in the market
- Meet and exceed growth goals
- Be a key part of creating a huge new business
Minimum Qualification and Skills:
- Minimum of 5+ years of partner development/sales experience with at least 2 years of experience in digital media (platform sales, ad tech, etc.)
- Proven ability and track record in developing and closing deals
- Understanding of digital monetization and business models
- Experience in projecting sales closures and inventory/revenue expectations
- Strong consultative sales skills, relationship building, external and internal customer satisfaction management
- Self-starter capable of thriving in a fast pace environment
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), negotiation and presentation skills
- BA/BS or equivalent
This job will be based in Seattle.
Technical Support Lead for Platform Services
Maven is seeking a Technical Support Lead, Platform Services to join our Seattle office. This position can also be remote.
About the Role
This person will be responsible for ensuring customer success through triaging, managing, and resolving all incoming questions and requests from the Tempest publisher community. Working closely with Site Production, this role will be influential in managing publisher expectations before, during, and after migrations. The role is also responsible for communicating platform-wide changes, outages, and upgrades.
The ideal candidate is both highly technical and an effective communicator who can deeply understand a complex product stack to help drive customer adoption with instruction and clarity. You are a good listener, can advocate for publishers, and excellent at prioritizing internally and externally. You are comfortable working in an environment that advances quickly, is highly adaptable, and learn quickly.
This position is cross functional and the ability to translate requests across customers, engineering, design, production and product is essential. You’ll work closely with Product, synthesizing publisher feedback to help drive product evolution and tools to better meet publisher needs. You’ll work closely with Site Production to take on migration and onboarding work as needed, seamlessly transitioning publishers from migration to ongoing support. You’ll train new publishers on using the platform and help them to leveraging a complex set of tools to meet their unique goals.
● Oversee handling of support tickets as platform expert, recommending thoughtful solutions/workarounds and empowering publishers with instructions and best practices.
● Collect, synthesize and report partner feedback; inform and influence product development.
● Perform issue diagnosis by executing commands, reviewing logs, utilizing analytical and debugger tools to validate customer requests and detect errors.
● Prioritize competing tasks and requests, working closely with engineering and product teams to represent customer needs and oversee tickets to resolution.
● Act as product expert, strategically communicate the platform offering, and train new customers on the Tempest toolset.
● Prioritize many competing tasks and requests, balance publisher needs with business priorities, and articulate those decisions to internal and external stakeholders.
● Perform migration / post migration tasks and seamlessly transition partners from launch to support.
● 4+ years of experience in Customer Service/Support, Site Operations, Digital Product Management, or Production Management role for an online technology company.
● Experience with consumer-facing technical troubleshooting (e.g., browser compatibility, site bugs, user bugs, issue reports), especially for users who are not particularly tech-savvy.
● Experience debugging common issues related to website performance and stability.
● Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
● Attention to detail and follow through in a fast-paced environment.
● Comfortable discussing user experience best practices, authoring tools, and competitive pressures and has an ability to evangelize a platform approach.
● Strong independent leader, strategic thinker, and fast learner.
● Superior organization and time management skills.
● Attention to detail and follow through in a fast-paced environment.
Strategic Account Manager
About the Role
Strategic Account Managers are partners to our enterprise and top tier publishers. They are the day-to-day contacts for high profile brands on the Maven platforms responsible for aligning our partners’ business objectives with our company initiatives. They are technical experts on Maven products who advise teams on the best strategies to leverage the existing toolset. Strategic Account Managers also must identify product gaps and translate them into product feature requests internally. Most of all, they listen, read between the lines, provide excellent customer service, and diagnose and solve problems efficiently for top tier customers.
Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded leader with functional experience in digital media and a very strong track record driving customer success. You have a very strong ability to create alignment between customer wants and product capability, acting as a strategic partner and product expert as you communicate solutions. You are comfortable working in an environment that is constantly changing, with the ability to juggle and prioritize tasks to keep pace with the needs of the business. This is an opportunity to shape and execute strategy for high-profile publishers and act as a key stakeholder to the Maven roadmap.
You will need to manage multiple projects with various objectives for several websites. You must be a self-starter and comfortable leading complex projects. You will coordinate between our partner’s teams and internal teams. You must know when to say no and how to suggest alternative solutions. The ability to tactfully communicate across sales, engineering, design, product, and leadership is a must.
● Act as product expert, strategically communicate the platform offering, train customers on the Maven toolset, empower publishers through best practices.
● Evaluate site performance using analytics tools, identify opportunities for improvement, manage action plan with stakeholders.
● Contribute to the continuous development of internal processes that drive customer success and opportunity.
● Champion and advocate for partners internally in order deliver meaningful value to our publishers and the product.
● Meet with enterprise partners quarterly to discuss business growth, roadmap and goals
● Champion Maven’ publisher initiatives and encourage adoption among the top tier publishers
● Continuously work to grow the platform
● 4+ years customer success/operations/consulting experience
● Previous customer facing experience as a team lead
● Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
● Comfortable discussing user experience best practices, authoring tools, and competitive pressures and has an ability to evangelize a platform approach in market
● Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills
● Comfortable with analytics tools (including Google Analytics and Google Webmaster tools)
Maven is seeking a Creative Director, based in Seattle. The ideal candidate has experience building incredible consumer experiences, is data-driven yet has a point-of-view on design, and is fluent in the latest web technologies.
As Creative Director, you’ll work closely with our top-notch engineering and product teams to create beautiful, engaging designs and rich, intuitive experiences. You’ll contribute to strategic decisions that impact the company, build key relationships and drive relentlessly towards our vision to save quality content. You should thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to work well with a variety of stakeholders such as editorial teams, sales teams, designers, engineers, executives and product managers.
The Creative Director at Maven will:
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to create and communicate the design vision for Maven’s products.
- Constantly improve and iterate based on market feedback, best practices and data analysis.
- Develop a set of design best practices, work with team to develop pattern libraries and drive consistency and reuse across our properties and products.
- Work closely with internal development and design teams to ensure flawless integration with back-end technology and a great user experience.
- Prototype and communicate your concepts and findings through mock-ups, high fidelity prototypes and wireframes.
- Work with product designers to guide and define the design process.
Who you are, and what you’ve done
At some point in your career, you've worked as a hands-on designer in web, brand, print, interactive, or product design. You’ve worked with other designers to define a process for design. You’ve built and implemented a set of design best practices, including a visual design aesthetic and pattern libraries. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, keeping a cool head as you concurrently manage multiple strategic and tactical initiatives.
- 10+ years of relevant product design work experience
- Extensive portfolio of successful, complex projects
- Experience partnering with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Superior visual design skills and expert understanding of typography, illustration, color theory and wire framing
- A strong proficiency in the technical aspects of web applications (HTML, CSS, jQuery, etc)
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite tools (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Success working with executive leadership
- Several years of experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing and growing creative teams
Full-Stack Software Engineers
Maven, a publicly traded (MVEN) global online publishing and technology company reaching over 100M consumers monthly, is seeking Full-Stack Software Engineers based in Seattle or San Francisco. The ideal candidate has a software development background with interests and skills that span across the entire development stack.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer, you’ll work closely with our top-notch product and design teams to build new capabilities in our publishing platform. You’ll build key relationships and drive relentlessly towards our vision to save quality content. You should thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to work well with a variety of stakeholders such as editorial teams, sales teams, designers, engineers, executives and product managers.
A Full-Stack Software Engineer at Maven will:
- Work closely with Product Managers and Designers to build new features for our growing publisher base.
- Produce high-quality results by contributing to cross-functional projects that impact the business.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle.
- Assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues.
This is a full-time position based either in San Francisco, CA, or Seattle, WA.
What you should have
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for 4+ years, and are comfortable with all layers of the application stack, from infrastructure to front-end. Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes is a plus.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have several years of experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- You write scalable, testable, and maintainable code.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
Manager of Field Marketing
Maven is seeking a Manager of Field Marketing to drive and amplify the efforts of Maven’s Revenue team to provide programmatic advertising solutions to leading brands and agencies. The Manager of Field Marketing will be an individual contributor reporting directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and is based in New York City.
About the team:
Maven is a media coalition of professional content destinations (“mavens”), operating exclusively on a shared digital publishing, advertising and distribution platform, providing a professional, premium news and information alternative to social platforms. Just as Hulu created the largest premium video alternative to YouTube, by building a coalition of studio-quality content owners, Maven has created a sustainable business platform for premium web publishers (“mavens”) to operate, viewers to consume and for major brand advertisers to market on a unified, pristine, high scale environment on a single brand. Brands such as History Channel, Maxim, Yoga Journal, Ski Magazine, and over 300 mavens with millions of existing viewers have accepted our invitation, to join in this growing coalition that reaches over 100M consumers monthly.
The Revenue team is responsible for driving revenue for our 300+ mavens and the company itself. We deliver programmatic engagements to leading brands and advertisers on household name channels across over 40 verticals – with the greatest concentration in News, Sports, Finance, Politics, and Lifestyle.
About the job:
- Develop marketing and outreach strategy in support of the Revenue team’s various go-to-market efforts
- Drive adoption with compelling positioning and key selling points that differentiate our products in the marketplace
- Turn value propositions into effective sales enablement materials including pitch decks, case studies, and primers/FAQs and run sales training workshops
- Utilize multiple marketing channels (e.g. tentpole events, custom dinners, social marketing, email marketing, collateral, etc.) to amplify sales efforts
- Gather marketplace intelligence and conduct competitive analysis to inform sales and enhance product roadmap
About your skills and experience:
- 4-6 years’ experience in field, event, social, and/or product marketing
- Understanding of the advertising space, ideally with programmatic experience
- Strong understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem
- Superb project management skills to manage multiple projects and cross-functional stakeholders simultaneously and independently drive outcomes
- Experience managing 3rd party consultants (e.g. graphic designers, event operations firms, etc.)
- Creative flair to bring fresh ideas to positioning and marketing campaigns
- Proven consultative approach to solving problems and addressing new opportunities and a laser-sharp customer focus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and exciting, but at times, ambiguous environment
- Ability to operate autonomously and generate new ideas independently to drive new opportunities for the team
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
TO APPLY please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org