DIY Tutorial: Marshmallow Dreidels (+ FREE Happy Hanukkah Printable)
As we start prepping for Hanukkah (tomorrow!) why not make the celebration of lights even sweeter with edible dreidels! Nicolle of Libby Lane Press, here sharing my simple tutorial for crafting dreidels out of salty and sweet treats.
This Marshmallow Dreidel DIY incorporates marshmallows, Hershey kisses, pretzel sticks, blue sprinkles and white frosting acting as ‘glue’. Not only is this a creative craft great for a play date or holiday celebration, but can also be festive a classroom treat during the holidays!
MARSHMALLOW DREIDEL – A DIY TUTORIAL
by Nicolle of Libby Lane Press
– Hershey Kisses
– Thin Pretzel Sticks (easiest if you break them in half
– Blue Sugar Sprinkles
– White Frosting used as ‘glue’
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Using a thin layer of white frosting, coat all surfaces of the marshmallow
- Roll the marshmallow in the blue sugar sprinkles
- Break a thin pretzel rod in half and dip the broken end into the white frosting. Stick the frosting-dipped end into the flat side of the marshmallow to create the handle for the dreidel.
Holding the pretzel stick, roll the marshmallow in the sprinkles again to fully cover
Apply a small dab of white frosting to the Hershey Kiss and affix to the other flat side of the marshmallow to create the ‘spinner’.
FREE PRINTABLE HANUKKAH LABEL
For an added bonus, place in a cello bag, tie with ribbon and attach this FREE PRINTABLE to celebrate the season. (You can find additional Hanukkah items in the Libby Lane Press Etsy shop).