A Casual & Chic Low Country Seafood Boil
I’ve been to a variety of seafood boils and crab feeds before, ranging from dinner parties to fundraisers, and they always have something very awesome in common… they are so. much. FUN!
And also the fact that they’re kinda messy… in a good way. ;) I think there might be something about eating with your hands at a pretty dinner table, and the out-of-the-ordinary vibe of it all, that simply puts people at ease and makes for a great time.
Anyways, my friend and fellow blogger Chandice (of Gluten Free Frenzy) sent over some pics from a Low Country Lobster/Seafood Boil that she hosted recently for some girlfriends, and I’m excited to share them with you today!
Here are a few of my favorite details:
– A creative table set-up where the meal actually serves as a colorful, functional “table runner”!
– Use of a boat-shaped shelf for the sides & seasonings
– The cutest Lobster Sugar Cookies ev-ah by Shanan of Enchanted Cookie Boutique
– Themed details like melamine lobster plates, a lobster tablecloth, and a vintage copper tin for the biscuits
– The FOOD! She served lobster, crawfish, oysters, shrimp, kielbasa, and more… pass me a bib and the melted butter please. ;)
Looks like fun, right?! If you’re feeling inspired to host your own Seafood Boil, head over to Chandice’s post for additional details + the Lobster Boil Recipe!
P.S. To see more of Chandice’s party styling, check out her GALentine’s Day Party and Up Movie-Inspired Little Library Lending Party too.