Ridiculously Delicious Chili (serves 6)
· 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
· 1 onion, finely chopped
· 4 t. chili powder
· ½ t. ground cumin
· 1 ½ - 2 t. sea salt
· 2 clove garlic, minced
· 1 lb. ground free-range turkey or grass-fed beef (90% lean)
· (1) 15-oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
· (1) 28-oz. can stewed tomatoes
- Heat oil in large stockpot (or dutch oven) over medium heat.
- Add onion, spices, and sea salt. Cook until onions soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and turkey or beef. Cook, breaking up the turkey/beef with a wooden spoon, until cooked through (5 – 10 minutes).
- Stir in the beans and tomatoes. Simmer 5 more minutes and adjust seasonings if desired.
Optional: top with 1 T. grated raw cheddar and sliced green onions.