CONGRATS to these newly-signed Mavens
A warm welcome to these newest members of the Maven coalition:
- EPB Macro Research - Eric Basmajian’s data-driven approach to macro-economic analysis and investing
- BengalMaven - all things Cincinnati Bengals
- PennStateMaven - fan site for Penn State Nittany Lions
- LonghornMaven - Texas Longhorns community and news
- BuffaloMaven - Marcus Mosher covers the Buffalo Bills
- BCMaven - AJ Black's news & social hub for Boston College fans
- CardinalMaven - Arizona Cardinals news and community
- BuckeyeMaven - fan site for the Ohio State Buckeyes
Tip of the Week: Online Style Guide
Grammar, punctuation, formatting, layout - if you write, you understand that style matters. You want to clearly, consistently and efficiently communicate your ideas to your readers. But if you’ve longed for an easy, online alternative to one of the big classic style books, we have just the thing.
A group of experienced HubPages editors has created this Style Guide, which is useful to anyone writing online, regardless of platform. No matter your experience, you’ll likely learn something new, and are bound to improve your writing. Enjoy!
Product Update - Notify This!
Though the “Follow” button now auto-subscribes users to notifications, it doesn’t affect users who registered prior to May. We’ll soon auto-subscribe those prior users (unless they’ve already setup notifications and/or unsubscribed). This means all your profiled users will be notified of new stories, without having to manually “Turn on Story Notifications”. We’ll start them gently with a weekly story “digest”, but they can easily modify those settings to daily, immediate, per-room, or unsubscribe.
But first we intend to style-up the currently-simple email template, including
1) adding your channel logo to the top,
2) reformatting the body and
3) adding best or trending stories from the week.
We expect this will drive even more users back to your channel, more frequently, increasing your traffic.
Here are some mock ups of the notification mail.
Thank you for being a Maven.