The Amazing Emily Farkas: Surgeon, Humanitarian, Mountaineer! Wow..
Dr. Farkas is board certified by the ABTS and regularly participates in humanitarian missions performing the most basic medical care to complex heart surgeries in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Sri Lanka, Peru, and Mongolia.
In this episode, we will be discussing:
- How Emily’s creative childhood endeavors lead her to medicine
- The intense life Emily lived while studying to be a surgeon
- What it’s like for Emily on a day-to-day basis in the US
- The moment in Kenya that made Emily realize her knowledge of medicine was a skill set she could take anywhere
- The high honor Emily received from a tribe in Nigeria
- The level of adaptability Emily had to possess to work in difficult conditions
- How Emily inspires women and young adults to see every possibility
- Emily’s experience working in a male-dominated field
- The fascination Emily has with mountain climbing
- How Emily combines adventure with her professional life
Resources Mentioned in This Episode: